THE WAYWORDS PODCAST
Anonymous: “Fowls in the Frith”
Foweles in the frith,
The fisses in the flod,
And I mon waxe wod.
Sulch sorw I walke with
For beste of bon and blod.
“Put another way, the Canon means "center," and a literary canon is a set of works... More of literature was an historical ‘conspiracy’ to create ideal readers, not about the best writers.“
- Ch1 - Intro
- Ch2 - The Challenge of the Text
- Ch3 - A Close Reading
- Ch4 - Some Ways to Meaning
- Ch5 - Essence of the Short Poem - Emily Dickinson
- Ch6 - Medieval Songs and Philosophy
- Ch7 - A History of Authorship
- Ch8 - 99% Perspiration
- **Ch9 - Related Works
- **Ch10 - Who’s Your Daddy?
- **Ch11 - Authorship and Ego
- **Ch12 - Poetry Challenges the Sacred
- Ch13 - Romantic Ego, Disintegration, and the Book
- **Ch14 - Authors Absent and Present
- Ch15 - BeFowling the Canon means "center," and a literary canon is a set of works... More
- Ch16 - Reason in the Frith
- Ch 17 - Outro
**Available to our members on Episode 2+ (the full bonus episode)
Several years ago, I created a series of videos that examined various facets of literary theory. Here is one, a discussion between a student and T.S. Eliot which argues how the New Critics understand the Seeking the meaning of a work from the author is a mistake, ... More and making meaning from the text.
Bibliography for Main Episode
Bibliography for Intentional Fallacy Supplement
Barthes, Roland. “‘The Death of the Author.’” Image, Music, Text, 1977, sites.tufts.edu/english292b/files/2012/01/Barthes-The-Death-of-the-Author.pdf.
Fernflores, Rachel. “Beyond the Seeking the meaning of a work from the author is a mistake, ... More.” Literature and The study of feelings, concepts, and judgments arising from ... More, Dec. 2010, https://openjournals.library.sydney.edu.au/index.php/LA/article/view/5024.
Original music for The Waywords Podcast is by Randon Myles
Chapter headings by Natalie Harrison and Sarah Skaleski
Cite this podcast with MLA format:
Chisnell, Steve. “Anonymous - ‘Fowls in the Frith.’” Waywords Studio, 5 Nov. 2021, https://waywordsstudio.com/project/anonymous-fowls-in-the-frith/.